[amsat-bb:67836] AO-40 Update, 2003-05-11

We are about to begin active magnetorquing to hold ALON relatively steady
and begin to lower ALAT.   Current ALON/ALAT is approximately 330/25, but
better determination will be possible once the ALAT drops below about 15
degs. and the earth enters the camera field of view.

We hope to have the passbands on during the first half of the orbit within
about 1 week, if all goes well.

The A-blk "message of the day" section now includes height, Lon/Lat of the
subsatellite point, and ALON/ALAT.  All of these values are generated by
the IHU-1 software based on its orbital and magnetorquing
calculations.  ALON/ALAT is also updated from the ground when a new
magnetorquing command is issued.

-- W4SM for the AO-40 command team